Life is full of experiences. Share them.

I will share my daily dysfunctions with you.

And you can do the same.
Just comment, and I will reply.
Ask a question and I will do my best to answer.
No one can listen if you don't speak.

"Sometimes the best thing to do is just to say exactly what’s in your heart."

- J.D, Scrubs.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

McDonald's brings back memories.

I remember those days when I could eat a happy meal without feeling fat or childish. This was long before director Morgan Spurlock tainted McDonald's name with his documentary 'Supersize Me'. Spurlock produced a valid point with McDonald's and other leading fast food chains though; if you eat too much fast food, you will get fat. Yet again, this knowledge could be applied to almost every food; healthy or not.
 When I was young I could eat as many happy meals as I want without getting fat because:
1) No one minded a skinny child eating as much as he wanted
2) I would work all that fat out of my system in the playground at McDonalds anyway.

The second point really doesn't apply to me or any other adults anymore, which is a true shame. I can't even step foot into the McDonald's playground without feeling like a child or being eyed at by genuinely frightened parents. I blame the pedophiles out there in society.

However, this ad from McDonald's came along and it reignited my belief that adults are just children  trapped in a larger, fatter ( and more suited) body of themselves.
Who cares if I still think the clown at McDonald's is scary? This playground is too awesome to be missed.
Click here to watch the ad



This ad was in Sydney, Australia. I must admit that the ad strikes me as being a little cynical, considering that it still encourages eating at Mcdonald's more than releasing your inner child but hey, learn from children; don't overthink.
McDonalds ad in Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment